News & Media Kit
QuestFriendz has been selected as one of the top 20 innovations in Education and Employment by Accenture Blue Tulip Awards.
February 2nd, 2021
QuestFriendz is Named One of 50 Most Promising Innovators by Accenture Blue Tulip Awards
December 21st, 2020
Parents, Here's Your STEM-Inspired Gift Guide for Kids
December 17th, 2020
Everything Mummy reviews The Adventures of Lillicorn In WooWoo Land
July 23rd, 2020
Lancashire Post: “Problem solving won’t seem such a big problem when little ones get their hands on The Adventures of Lillicorn in WooWoo Land an exciting new book!”
July 16th, 2020
A mum reviews the Adventures of Lillicorn STEM skills book.
July 15th, 2020
An inspiring female-fronted KS1 STEM activity storybook
July 1st, 2020
Four simple ways to inspire STEM learning from a young age
June 25th, 2020
Five practical ways to cover the computing curriculum in KS1
June 25th, 2020
The Adventures of Lillicorn receives the Librarian Book Choice and review by Lucy Newton
June 2nd, 2020
The Adventures of Lillicorn Loved by What the Redhead Said
May 29th, 2020
STEM For Kids: 10 Fun And Easy Things To Do
May 25th, 2020
The Adventures of Lillicorn STEM Book series
April 14th, 2020
New educational company set to Improve STEM-related education and careers
March 31st. 2020
Marvellous Medicine: how to get through the Coronavirus epidemic with children’s books
Launch of Lillicorn, a STEM learning adventure
March 3rd. 2020
The Adventures of Lillicorn
in WooWoo Land
Spark your children’s interest in STEM by joining Lillicorn on her quests and adventures in faraway places
Inspire the next generation of leaders in STEM with Lillicorn, a curious young girl with a passion for science, who loves to find creative solutions on her many quests. The first in a series of STEM children’s picture books from STEM advocates QuestFriendz, The Adventures of Lillicorn in WooWoo Land will spark young children’s imagination and dreams, building their confidence and inspiring them to learn STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in fun and creative new ways. Lillicorn’s quests include structured problem solving, pattern recognition, sequencing, spatial perception, and coding. There are fun rewards for young readers when they complete the quests.
Meet Lilli, a fearless little girl, who is intrigued by science, and loves to conceive new experiments and inventions. In her dreams at night, she transforms into Lillicorn, a superhero, and teams up with friends to travel to distant lands and figure out innovative solutions that save the day. The rhyming story book is designed so that children can solve ten different STEM quests and earn collectable charm tokens (provided in the book). It’s an exciting way for children to learn fundamental STEM skills at an early age, as well as develop 21st century learning skills (the 4Cs – critical thinking, collaboration, creativity and communication).
The Adventures of Lillicorn is a high quality, durable board book with lay flat binding and gloss finishing, for both home and school (includes downloadable activities & lesson plans.) Press-out playing pieces can be securely stored in the back cover.
The QuestFriendz aim is to help increase the number of children who choose STEM related education and careers, with a mission to reduce the STEM skills shortage, improve female representation and ethnic diversity in the STEM workforce.
Founders of QuestFriendz, authors of The Adventures of Lillicorn comment: “Learning the 4Cs from a young age is key as a longer term, systematicapproach to address the STEM skills gap. Addressing young children allows us to harness their curiosity, that magical state of mind that accelerates learning including STEM learning. With the introduction of problem-solving skills from a young age, children are better equipped to face our fast-paced changing world.
One third of parents and teachers still perceive STEM discipline as more closely fitting boys’ brains, personalities and hobbies. Early intervention is the key to changing this. One in ten teachers believes the gender gap begins to appear before primary school, so positive STEM messages will benefit children at the early stages of primary level. 54% of teachers report seeing girls drop STEM subjects due to pressure from parents or guardians but girls with a foundation of STEM learning are best equipped to adapt to a huge variety of potential roles throughout their working lives*.”
The Lillicorn proposition provides both educational and personal development benefits to children. It:
• Improves STEM related skills covered in a series of interactive quests (e.g. problem-solving incl. ability to break a larger problem into smaller tasks to achieve a goal, pattern recognition and matching, sequencing, optimization, spatial perception, coding skills, etc.)
• Stimulates imaginative play and creative development as Lillicorn and children team up to help “rescue” a friend in need.
• Facilitates social interaction and emotional bonding through highly engaging and collaborative approach with inspirational and diverse role models as lead characters.
• Helps little girls to build self-confidence and believe in themselves and their ability to tackle STEM related topics.
Notes for editors:
1. QuestFriendz is a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) educational start-up company, with storytelling and 21st century learning at the heart of every creation. We develop imaginative, interactive and innovative STEM focused propositions for children. We are committed to help increase the number of children who choose STEM related education and careers, with a mission to reduce the STEM skills shortage, improve female representation and ethnic diversity in the STEM workforce. www.questfriendz.com.
2. The Adventures of Lillicorn in WooWoo Land is the first in the series of STEM children’s books
3. Research Powering Economic Growth: Attracting More Young Women into Science and Technology 3.0, Accenture report 2017 Accenture Girls in STEM Research 2017 Report